Welcome to the NSF Net-Centric and Cloud Software & Systems Industry/University Cooperative Research Center.
NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers (I/UCRC) develop long-term partnerships among industry, academe, and government. The centers are catalyzed by a small investment from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and are primarily supported by industry center members, with NSF taking a supporting role in the development and evolution of the center.
The NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center on Net-Centric and Cloud Software and Systems (Net-Centric IUCRC) has been in existence since 2009. Originally the center included the University of North Texas, the University of Texas at Dallas and Southern Methodist University. Arizona State University joined the center in 2010, and Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly Missouri-Rolla) joined the center in 2012.
For an overview of IUCRC program and Net-centric IUCRC, click here.
Learn more about our center on YouTube by searching "NCSS IUCRC" or clicking on the logo to the left.
Why Join Us?
- Proven model optimized for collaboration between industry, government and academia
- Access to pre-competitive and basic research
- Leveraged "force multiplier" to accelerate generation of new ideas for product innovation
- Opportunities to network and partner with technology leaders and innovators
- A single point source for company and staff education on emerging technologies
- An expert source for company staff education and training in emerging technologies
- A targeted, low-risk, and cost-effective complement to selected in-house R&D
- Both royalty free non-exclusive and royalty bearing exclusive licensing available
- Access to trained workforce
- Opportunity to direct University research
- Opportunity to establish high-quality, long-term relationships with researchers
How to Join
A business can join the Center as an Industrial Member and sign a membership agreement with any of the Academic Institutions. Each Industrial Member is entitled to a representative on the Industrial Advisory Board that decides which projects will be funded from the pooled annual dues. Industrial Members have non-exclusive royalty-free access to research conducted by the center. Other licensing agreements are also available. For further information about the Center or memberships, please contact Dr. Krishna Kavi, director of the Net-Centric and Cloud Software & Systems Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (940) 369-7216 or Melanie Dewey at email@example.com. For a sample membership agreement, click here.